- Your upper-division Race and Minority Relations Professor just asked you to type a one-page paper on the history of hot dogs.
- You are offered extra credit in English 1010 if you wear orange, black or brown on Halloween.
- You get to class and your teacher has written on the board "All late assignments, up to this point, need to be turned in by Friday or you will only receive 80% of the credit"...this is halfway through the semester.
- Your Astronomy teacher tells you not to worry about asteroids attacking the earth, because our first line of defense is Bruce Willis.
- Preparation for finals means renting the Bon Losse Hair Academy girls to come give massages in the Hall of Flags.
- During group presentations in your Communications class, one group begins by singing the Primary "turn your frown into a smile" song, while holding smiley-face masks in front of their faces. They got an A-.
- Your Communications 1010 teacher has a resume that includes "Professional Clown".
- Your 7 Habits of Highly Effective People class accidentally turned into a testimony meeting.
- If you're hungry, you know that someone is bound to be handing out free popcorn somewhere on campus. No one knows why. It just happens.
- It's election time in the business hall. As you are walking past the booths, you hear one of the candidates yell "Vote for Team HOT!" Because that's what qualifies them for office.
This post will be done in installments. This is just the first. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.
*Disclaimer: I like UVU. Situations like these are not an every day occurrence, but when they do come up...it is a real treat.