Thursday, December 18, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
8 things I'm passionate about:
1. I pride myself on knowing a lot of theme songs to old TV shows. IE: Every time I turn around--I see that girl that turns my world around--standing there...(anyone know what that's from? I bet you don't).
2. Planning trips that I probably won't take.
3. Planning trips that I actually will take.
5. Generic fruit snacks. IE: Shark Bites, Fruit Smiles.
6. Anything Humanities.
7. Coming up with nicknames for people.
8 words/phrases I use often:
1. Goonin the goofs
2. Doofin the doons
3. Loafin around
4. GET IT?!
5. Ya know?
6. JUDAS PRIEST.
7. NAILED IT!
8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Ride through Kenecott Copper Mines on a glorious white stallion.
2. Go on a date with Brandon Walsh. We'd probably hold hands on the beach and then go to a party where we would get offered drugs. We wouldn't take the drugs though, because we're both really grounded. Brandon's sister Brenda would probably take the drugs and then blame it on Kelly. That is going to be such a MESS (duh...nuh nuh nuh nuh NUH nuh!-that's the 90210 theme)!
3. Plan a scheme with Zack Morris (hopefully some kind of prank on Mr. Belding).
4. Learn more about spaceships.
5. Learn more about zombies.
6. Learn more about robots and prevent their uprising.
7. Go to Russia, on Christmas, to watch a football game that my brother is playing in.
8. Buy a house, in Vermont, and make Applesauce. Then turn that into a small business called Country Baby.
8 things I've learned in the past:
1. Making cookies for an apartment full of the boys is just about the dumbest thing you could ever do with your time.
4. Fruit cake=nasty crap.
5. Once I was watching a children's show from Canada that said the snow leopard was the "fastest animal in the world". I think they know something we don't.
6. Dump your drink out before you throw it away.
7. Eye primer=best invention ever.
8. Instead of "answers" on a math test, we should just have "impressions". And if you got the wrong "impression", so what? Can't we all be brothers?
8 things I currently want/need:
1. A Thousand Splendid Suns.
3. New work clothing. It's a freaking fashion show at Express Employment.
4. Golden Retriever.
5. Volvo station wagon.
6. 8 million saunas.
7. All kinds of things from Williams Sonoma.
8. Spanish class.
8 places I want to see/visit:
1. South Korea
3. Berlin, Germany
4. Bryce Canyon. I still haven't been there and I don't really know why.
5. Turkey (Amy, don't get mad that I'm copying your co ed grill)
6. Frazer, PA
8. Washington DC
8 favorite restaurants
1. Sam Hawk
2. India Palace
3. Thai Siam
4. Costa Vida (or Cafe Rio, depening on the location)
6. California Pizza Kitchen
7. Noodles & Co
8. Sonic. For drinks only.
8 TV shows I can't live without:
1. Arrested Development
2. The Office
3. Riddles of Wizard's Oak (Do the RHOMBUS!)
4. Antiquies Roadshow
7. Painting with Bob Ross
8. Your Choice, Our Chance
8 people I tag:
1. I have no friends.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
One time she said this: "I'm not worried about cancer. I'm worried about calories." HA! Don't act like that isn't the funniest thing ever.
She catches on quickly to slang like "girf/boyf", "tots", "mates", and other such Buckle jargon.
She knows that the answer to any problem you will ever face is a Diet Coke from Sonic.
We read the same retarded books and then have lengthy discussions on what we think will happen in the sequel to that retarded book.
She is as obsessed with ANTM as I am and will watch the occasional marathon with me.
We both thought "27 Dresses" was about the gayest thing ever, even when everyone else in the theater was in total awe of such an adorable (adorable=cliche) love story.
We understand how awesome Igrid and Meiko are and sometimes have emotional moments at their concert.
We have both decided to be rich and have lots of plastic surgery and maids and live next to each other when we are older. It's just easier that way you guys. Get over it.
Happy Birthday, Leggs! I can't believe you are leaving (Leia is leaving to go rock The Buckle in Valencia, CA)! I will miss you like craz-ay and can't wait to come visit you every day! So many Wicked and MEKs and Diet Coke and parties with the cast of Laguna Beach. PS if anyone wants to come to a certain "midnight celebration" with us to celebrate, you are invited. But I can't tell you what that celebration is, because it is too embarrassing.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
- Your upper-division Race and Minority Relations Professor just asked you to type a one-page paper on the history of hot dogs.
- You are offered extra credit in English 1010 if you wear orange, black or brown on Halloween.
- You get to class and your teacher has written on the board "All late assignments, up to this point, need to be turned in by Friday or you will only receive 80% of the credit"...this is halfway through the semester.
- Your Astronomy teacher tells you not to worry about asteroids attacking the earth, because our first line of defense is Bruce Willis.
- Preparation for finals means renting the Bon Losse Hair Academy girls to come give massages in the Hall of Flags.
- During group presentations in your Communications class, one group begins by singing the Primary "turn your frown into a smile" song, while holding smiley-face masks in front of their faces. They got an A-.
- Your Communications 1010 teacher has a resume that includes "Professional Clown".
- Your 7 Habits of Highly Effective People class accidentally turned into a testimony meeting.
- If you're hungry, you know that someone is bound to be handing out free popcorn somewhere on campus. No one knows why. It just happens.
- It's election time in the business hall. As you are walking past the booths, you hear one of the candidates yell "Vote for Team HOT!" Because that's what qualifies them for office.
This post will be done in installments. This is just the first. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
- Making fun of things Provo residents do: check
- Every blogging cliche possible: check
- Reference to all-things-mormon aka Twilight series, selling candles out of your home, and pronouncing Lake Powell "Lake Pal": check
- Saying how "blessed" you are in every entry: check
- Being the highlight of my day: check
Seriously So Blessed: Second Best Blog of All Time
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
So which side is right? The vast majority doesn't even know. Or care.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
*White Out. Especially the roll-on kind. How fabulous.
*Not having to work on Saturdays (I can't even BEGIN to describe the happiness this brings me-no offense to all the Buckle soldiers who rock every Saturday)
*Family photos that include characters such as "adventurous son" and "awkward 14 year old boy who is kind of chubby and is forced to sit in the front".
*Octopus getting stuck on my face-what could be worse than that?!
*Creatures getting stuck in my hair.
*Some day I'll be watching General Conference and the prophet will announce that it is no longer ok to drink Diet Coke or go tanning. I'm not kidding. I get anxiety about it every April/October.
*Save all the money as to be able to afford things later.
*Drink an adequate amount of water daily.
*Write the books. There are 3-4 stirring around in my brain at this very moment.
3 Current Obsessions/Collections:
*Emerald and copper-colored things.
3 Surprising Facts:
*I'm always thirsty. Always.
*I love looking for product placement in movies. Marketing is the best hobby anyone could ever have.
*I want to color my hair carrot-red but won't do it because it is socially unacceptable.
3 Friends to Tag:
*Amy-it's about freaking time you had a new post
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Peace out everyone. See you the 29th.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Friday, May 2, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Friday, April 11, 2008
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Friday, February 29, 2008
10 Years Ago...I was 13. So that means I was in eighth grade, buying beef jerkey from Jeff Sorensen, trying not to get caught in the "Dungeons and Dragons" Accelerated Reader scandal and in love with...let's just say Jim Vosburgh for good measure.
5 Years Ago...I was 18. So I was getting ready to graduate high school-soaking up as much Pam Coburn as possible, searching the underground tunnels of DHS with Chelsea Bennett's video camera, and trying to avoid Nate Neagle and Co.
5 Things That Are (or were) On My To Do List Today...
*Watch The George Michael Show
*Drink a Diet Coke or two or three
*Work (aka interview some crazies and some non-crazies)
*See Vantage Point with J.Fry
*SLEEP SO MUCH
5 Things People Don't Know About Me:
*Grape soda is one of my top 3 favorite drinks but I rarely drink it.
*I love the smell of school books.
*I secretly love the salad bar at Sizzler. Sorry.
*I don't feel like I'm 23. Instead I feel like I'm 17...only not as retarded.
*The best compliments I can get are as follows: "Hey, you look really tan", "Your hair is getting so long", "Well said", or "Hey, what you just did reminded me of Keith!"-Keith is my brother and I think Annie would agree on this one.
I tag: Annie and Jason Winn (that's right, I said Jason too), Hip Hopera aka Ryann Edwards, Jenny Payne, and Karen Cannon.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
- One guy claimed he was an "Ambassador of Religion to France" for 2 years aka served a mission.
- Under hobbies and interests: "I've made mistakes but hey, I'm not Mother Teresa, ok?!"...actually this turned out to be a fake resume, but hilarious nonetheless.
- Possession of marijuana and a sword
- They were just diagnosed with Hepetitis C, and have had it for 15 years-without having any idea there was a problem...until their skin turned yellow.
- Their "baby mama" just started having contractions. Oh...the time old tale of baby mama drama...
- That, in prison, all the sex offenders get beat up and "knifed" in the yard. No one likes a sex offender!
- (Upon poking at his teeth for most of the interview) He let me know that he was just getting used to his new denchers (this guy was no older than 25 and I'm pretty sure he was a big fan of the crystal meth). Yes I did have to shake his hand afterward and yes I did scrub my hand with steel wool. I ordered a code red on myself.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
*Culture (anything from High School to Utah Valley to Korea-prepare yourselves)
*Inventions I have thought up/books I plan on writing.
*Friends and various Davis High Alumni.
*New discoveries (ie awesome stores such as Many Lands or restaurants such as Pudding on the Rice).
*Random things I learn on the street.
So...it should be good-stay tuned. Feel free to comment/stalk/enlighten your friends and/or family.