Saturday, February 23, 2008

Feliz Cumpleanos


Sunday the 24th of February is Carly Johnston-Young's birthday. In honor of this event, I've decided to recount one of my favorite memories of Carly:


Once upon a time at Mrs. Auernig's house in 1999, some friends and I dared Carly to eat an entire cube of butter for $50 (we were all going to chip in). Now, Carly has never been scared of calories or fat content, not even a little bit, so of course she took the dare. Now picture this-about a dozen 14-year-old girls circled up around Carly-chanting and cheering her on as she is trying to force this thing down her throat. She almost got it too (except she couldn't because it was too slippery). Watching her trying to swallow that thing was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I think we even paid her $25 for her efforts.


Anyway, Carly is everything Joyce and I wish we could be. (In the voice): Carly. Happy Birthday.

8 comments:

Leandra said...

eff. look at those cupcakes. That is how my cake must be. you know how I feel about the cupcakes.

Happy Birthday Carly. I think I spelled the name wrong. sorry.

Carly said...

oh Catherine. You are such a dear. Thank you for remembering. When you stated that you were going to tell a memory, I thought for sure it would be the milk story. Love you to the moon. Please give Joycie my all.

Marci + Dan said...

Ha ha! I totally forgot this story. xoxo. Carly rules.

Bethers said...

I only have vague memories of this but I would really love to hear the milk story. I miss Cat.

Carly said...

Cathers, please remind me...was this before or after Aurnig gave me an "N."

Mama Mia said...

Okay Cat,I have never heard this one... we need to get together...I want to hear more of these stories!!Butter!!!uggg that makes me sick hope it was worth $25 bucks Car Car!

cat.janer said...

Carly did you mean before you, me, Jodie, Julianne, and probably some other people? We just ruined the squad's rep, didn't we?

Carly said...

I am pretty sure that Aurnig started crying and then bore her testimony.